Sunday, November 8, 2015

Director Employment & Social Services annual salary: $154,254.81 + $4,493.55 in benefits

Don't worry, the person in Toronto who's in charge of us only makes between thirteen times and eighteen times what we do.

Over the past ten or so years, benefits for those who receive them have been slashed by anywhere between a third to half, depending on how you calculate it. That, plus the fumbling of people's affairs by government staff, has cost each of us somewhere between twenty and fifty grand over the same time period.

How did all this happen? It sort of started in 1995 when PC premier Harris took a fifth out of our income. So that's 22% gone. The Liberal premier that followed slashed our benefits repeatedly, in sort of roundabout detaily ways, so the public wouldn't notice, while raising benefits rates by 3% in 2005, and then 1% when Kathleen Wynne took office. So, both the conservatives and the Liberals have taken their best shot at our budget, and each of those parties and their politicians have eroded our already perfectly shitty benefits rates.

So, that's where it came from. Politicians decided that poor people should be poorer. That's simply what happened. And the public let them get away with it because they're easily fooled and willfully ignorant, and also because they totally hate us. I mean, poor people who are making middle-class money are doing it by doing jobs that middle class people aren't willing to do (because the labor code is being ignored, usually), and they're hyper aware of how much the government and middle class people look down on the unemployed. It's understandable that their work ethic is built upon an attitude of total subservient desperation. These are the people who end up dying of workplace related ailments, and just barely make it to retirement age without succumbing to all the sicknesses that their jobs have caused them. While they're still working and their illnesses haven't caught up with them yet, they have to make sure to shun anybody who finds any excuse not to work. So they have to work in solidarity with the middle-class people to minimize the money that we get, because they can't be seen as being supportive of the unemployed. So that's kind of the deal behind that. It's a combination of ignorance and hatred. But they really want you, and me, and all of us, dead or in jail, through suicide or grocery theft charges. Or the one where an officer knocks you out and then charges you with assault, that's a popular way to go down. I know personally, if an officer beat the shit out of me and then tried to sell that story to my family, they'd totally believe the officer. They'd completely buy it. Because even to my own loving family, who do totally love me, I don't have any credibility, because I don't have work, and I haven't for awhile. So... basically anybody at all can win in a he-said-she-said against me.

Think about it - would your family and/or friends stick up for you? Or would they just give the good officer the benefit of the doubt? Especially since you've been a little sketchy and a little skinny lately and you know what that means... addiction. Of course, hunger causes that too, but no. Poverty causes hunger, too, but no. It has to be drugs. If you're poor, you're on drugs. And you're fucked in the head, too. Must be. There's no other way that Canadians can become poor, ever. And if somebody does become poor like that, there's no way to help them except to teach them through suffering that nobody cares about them, and they should stop being such a pussy and bust through. So that's what people do. They man up or woman up or whatever, and become drug dealers. Because like, taking charge doesn't mean you suddenly have options. It just means you're taking options you wouldn't have before. So that's where our career criminals come from. They realize they're being edged out of the world of the healthy living, and they're like, "Oh, not only does my government hate me, but my society hates me, too... collectively, they do hate people who are like myself... that's incredible... so I'm basically at war with my own society... so, okay, if that's the way it is, I guess I'll be a pirate instead of being a civilian casualty or a soldier. Pirate is much better."

Who knows why Kathleen Wynne and Harris hate the poor so much. Their parents probably taught them to fear us. I mean, my parents taught me to fear the poor, homeless, the crazed, and of course anyone who's unemployed. They taught me that they'd steal from me. But instead, my employers and my government stole from me. Every employer I had broke the labor laws in how and why they ended employment, and most of them broke the law in how they hired me, too. Government employees lied to me in order to avoid releasing funds, and in order to suspend funds that would otherwise be released to me. Poor people haven't really stolen anything from me. Even when I wasn't poor, even when I was rich, because I was, for awhile... poor people didn't steal shit from me. The only people who stole anything from me were always way better off than I was. And they'd all done it using systems they'd set up and used on other people over and over again. Systems they'd perfected as part of their profession. It's truly been a totally shitty experience in the workplace. In all the workplaces. In the employment landscape.

No comments:

Post a Comment